TRAUM Inc. (hereinafter “the Company”) considers the protection of personal information—a precious asset of our customers—to be an important responsibility of companies in information-based societies. Based on this recognition the Company strives to appropriately manage and protect the personal information we receive from our customers in accordance with the following points.
“Personal information” refers to information relating to names, birth dates, gender, telephone numbers, email addresses, places of employment, request details, etc.—the combination of more than one or two of which can make it possible to ascertain the identity of a certain individual.
3. Purpose of use
(1) Personal information received from customers shall only be used internally (except in the cases outlined in "5" below).
- To perform duties necessary in fulfilling requests from customers
- In order to be able to contact customers
- In order to inform customers about services
- In order to be able to carry out case analysis with the aim of enhancing our services.
(2) Whenever the need arises to use personal information for purposes other than those above, the Company shall obtain the prior consent of the customer concerned. The Company shall not use the personal information concerned if the Company is unable to obtain consent from customers.
(3) It is up to customers whether they wish to provide personal information. Please be aware that customers who decide not to provide certain personal information may not be able to receive the services described herein.
4. Collecting personal information
When receiving personal information from customers in order to respond to inquiries and queries, the Company requests only the minimum amount of information necessary within the scope of the purpose of use.
5. Non-disclosure of personal information
Personal information shall not be disclosed to third parties except in the cases below stipulated in article 23 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
- Cases in which the provision of personal data is based on laws and regulations
- Cases in which the provision of personal data is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases in which the provision of personal data is specially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- Cases in which the provision of personal data is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by one in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the person are likely to impede the execution of the affairs
- Cases in which prior consent is obtained from customers
6. Non-closure agreements used when providing or entrusting personal information to relevant partner companies
In the event that the Company outsources all or a part of our business, the Company shall select outsourcing companies based on the condition that they have established and implemented management systems that can protect personal information appropriately, to see that the personal information of customers is managed in a rigorous manner.
7. Compliance with applications from customers for discontinuation of use or deletion of information
Customers may, by contacting our inquiries desk, demand that the disclosure or correction of their personal information and they may request the termination of the use, provision, or outsourcing of such personal information. The Company shall respond within in a reasonable timeframe after having confirmed the identity of the customer. Please direct any personal information-related inquiries to the number below.